Change For A Lifetime

New Year's Resolutions List on Notepad
A person making his New Year's Resolution

Resolutions are not just for every new year that comes. Instead, it is for a lifetime.

It is not new to ask each other about one's New Year's Resolutions whenever we are nearing the end of a year. We make lists of whatever we want to change among ourselves yet we fail to complete or do it for the rest of our lives. It is like we just did it for the sake of the new year.

When I was young, I always had a bizarre list of my New Year's resolution ideas but it always ends up  at the rubbish bin. My mindset then was that I should complete it by the end of the year only to find out I cannot do it for the rest of the year so how much more if I'll do it for  the rest of my life.

Now that I have grown, my thinking has matured. I don't even make a list of resolutions anymore. I just want to change myself for the better and achieve things that are long-term. Things that can change my life for the rest of it, not just in that single year. There is no need to change one's self whenever another year comes. We can change at any time of the year, it is our choice to remain the same or to change and remove the bad habits that we have.

It is not too late to change, at one point we will realize that there are a lot of things within us that we need to change. Change is the only permanent thing in the world as they say. The change that we do will affect us for rest of our lives as we continue to write the story of our lives.

Reference:
https://www.myjewishlearning.com/article/the-jewish-way-to-make-a-new-years-resolution/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time

Morph

Heritage From the Past